Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Introductions and such.

 So I plan to start writing once again, with the hopes that I will stay with it this time. The purpose of my blog isn't going to be so much to expand on political ideas: there are many other bloggers out there doing that better than I could ever hope to. The purpose of this blog instead will be to offer perspective toward lay people who are fortunate enough to not ingest the nightmare of politics the way political junkies like myself would. With that in mind, I intend to write mostly with political moderates and the politically uninformed in mind. I don't always succeed at that, (my web show was originally intended for that, but devolved into esoteric topics rather quickly.) 

My plan is to write these daily (except for weekends) on my lunch break. I don't expect I will sway anyone's minds by the time of the election, but I do hope that I will act as a beacon of light and hope to my readers, even when they believe things are going badly. In my opinion, the media has poisoned the minds of a lot of people, including people I hold dear, so I want this to be sort of a means to alleviate the establishment poison. I am also going to make a regular point to take questions, so long as I believe they are being made in good faith. 


So I guess I should start with explaining who I am. My name is Joe; I have had many internet handles but I feel just going by my name is for the best here. 

Politically I could be called radical right, or probably more accurately radical anti-left; my views have changed over time, and I don't think it's fair to say I am closed minded, but they have always fell into some category of non-establishment right wing.

My religious leanings are Christian, and probably radically so. I was raised Catholic, but I'm not sure I can be called one anymore. I'm in a complicated limbo between Catholic, Orthodox, and Baptist. I have been described as "the most chill radical" in this regard, and I often call myself "A bad Catholic married to a good Baptist." I generally mix well with Catholics and conservative Protestants alike 

Culturally I consider myself fairly traditional, though I eschew the term (Recent trad movements tend to be less about the 1950s and more about the 1350s.) I have a family, and advocate very strongly for homeschooling. I support maintaining traditional gender roles, have no credit cards and find myself frequently at odds with the modern norms in these regards.


Last presidential election I voted for Donald Trump, and I plan to do so again this election. I am not a die hard Trump supporter - I have been very critical of him on a lot of points, and I most certainly don't agree with him on everything - but I believe he is genuinely the best president in my lifetime (yes, even over Reagan) and he is the only president I do not have regrets having voted for. I despise the media intensely, and have for some time. I think it's important to note that I don't hate the media because I support Trump, rather I support Trump because I hate the media.


I have a some topics planned for the next few articles, but I want to encourage questions (in good faith) to help me know what topics need prioritized. I'm looking forward to writing these and trying to help people see what's happening beyond the lies of the establishment media.

No comments:

Post a Comment